INSPIRE • LEARN • EVOLVE
Pronounced “Unique Skills”, we Inspire you to become empowered through challenging activities. We will customize training to meet the needs of our participants and have implemented a structured system for each skill. We are a mobile training group, which means we will travel to your location to provide our services if requested across Canada. Our Head Quarters is located in Halifax, N.S.
A dynamic training group specializing in Self-Defense, you will find that our classes are authentic and practical. We offer the highest quality of instruction in Krav Maga Combatives, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kickboxing and customized Self-Defense training sessions for groups, individuals and/or professionals.
For those of you interested in learning Navigation Fundamentals, participating in Survival Training or attending a outdoors Team Building event, you will truly enjoy our quality programs.
Our staff is very experienced and professional. With over 25 years of experience, we have developed a structured system where the objective is to place the client’s demands as a priority.
It should be noted that our instructors have consistently excelled, achieved high G.P.A’s, placed in the top 10 percentile during training and inspired many individuals to reach their goals with a proven “lead by example” approach to their respective careers.
The following is a list of some of the qualifications and experience which our instructors have earned in the last 20 years: instructors are highly qualified and experienced in what they do. As a minimum requirement, each instructor must be certified to teach under the President/Leader of Unik Skills.
The standard and expectations of professionalism for the instructors is high. Just to put things in perspective, in order to become employed at Unik Skills Training & Consuling, the following pre-requisits or requirements must be proven/met;
View our standards
- Be over the age of 18 and in posession of a valid driver’s license in Canada;
NO CRIMINAL RECORD;
- First Aid & CPR level “C”; and
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience teaching at a recognized University, College, Government and/or Provincial organization.
- First Aid & CPR Level “C”
- First Aid Instructor
- Basic Trauma Life Support (B.T.L.S.)
- United States Parachute Association (Class “D” Coach License)
- Joint Services Mountain Training Center
- Small Boat Operator
- ATV, Sea-Doo, Motorcycle & Snowmobile
- Martial Arts Instructor (BJJ Purple Belt/Level 1 Instructor Krav Maga Alliance/Level 3Instructor Krav Maga Combatives Elite Training Centre Mixed Martial Arts Federation)
- Public Speaking
- Motivational Speaking
- Fluent in French as second language
- Public Relations
- English Technical Writing
- Satellite Imagery Interpretation
- Global Positioning System (G.P.S.) Instructor
- Academics in Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Geography, Geographical Information Systems (G.I.S.)
- Business Management
- Small Arms and Weapons Instructor
- Small Arms Trainer System Operator
- Precision Parachute Training System Operator
- Military Close Quarters Combat Instructor
- Urban, Desert, Jungle, Arctic/Winter Warfare
- Unarmed Combat Instructor
- Defence Tactics Instructor
- United States Army Ranger
- United States Master Parachutist
- Pathfinder Instructor
- Military Freefall Instructor- Parachute Instructor
- Sniper Instructor
- Tactical Tracking
- Survival Instructor
- Mountain Operations
- Rappel Master
- Small Team Leader’s Course
- Large Team Leader’s Course
- Military Operations Over-Seas and Domestic
“My wife and I were fortunate enough to run across Pat and his team at UNIK SKILLS in our pursuit of learning map & compass navigation skills. Boy did UNIK SKILLS deliver! We were knocked out by the level of commitment and professionalism Pat and his team brought to the sessions. We have received a solid foundation in land navigation tools and techniques. The navigation exercise was an incredible experience and challenge.
The team at UNIK SKILLS delivers on the promise to bring something unique to their clients and do so in a professional manner that ensures the safety for us novices, and is challenging enough for the most seasoned land navigators. The land navigation course was a first step into a much bigger and challenging world for us and we are grateful for having UNIK SKILLS showing us the way – inspire, learn and evolve!”
– Jon and Maggie Whittington, Stittsville Ontario.
“As shocking as it may sound, Googling and YouTubing Krav Maga did not at all prepare me for it. Although my instructor was definitely physically intimidating, his mind was even more formidable. Unlike many ‘instructors’ who are just interested in punching bags, cash machines and scoping the ladies, Pat assured us that physical fitness, age and prior experience were not deal-breakers. Given the fact that I had accumulated lots of injuries, I was the oldest member of the group and I was struggling to find neutral between different disciplines, I was quite relieved.
All that was required was that I trust him. Once I realized that this faith was ultimately an extension of my belief (or lack thereof) within myself, I wondered if it was too much of a burden. However, as I fought my way through the ‘exit ticket’ at the end of the first session, my path through the kick pads, wolfish grins and fading light was clear.
Pat is the real deal because he continues to live it. Thanks to his superhuman patience, realism, sense of humour, and genuine concern for our safety/preparedness, I have finally discovered that one’s mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical components must be shredded before they can be united and strengthened. By tailoring dynamic instruction to correspondingly fluid individual personalities, he allows us to set and exceed our own limits without compromise. Thus, there is no shame or ego – only hard work, camaraderie and the fervent desire to have a krav class every day. After all, survival isn’t a game – it’s life.”
– Alexander Dick, Saskatoon